Tuesday, December 24, 2013

12/24/13


I have finally arrived at the end of wanting spiritual enlightenment for something other than Itself.
It has taken a lifetime to arrive here…
You might not think it much of an accomplishment to spend 40 years attempting such an outcome, if I had known what real Awakening was, I perhaps, may never have embarked on this long and singular adventure.
All the years of dedication, I come now to know, were covered over with the oily film of what Waking Up would do for me, how it would lift me up, set me on high, and make those around me, see me as special and unique.
Now, I want only to complete the transcendence of the personal self, not for what it will do for the me that does not exist…but rather for what it might mean to the sentient life around me.
Today I gave away all the remnants of a life spent in the pursuit of recognition.  I took to Goodwill all that once spoke of a woman who needed desperately to be seen, loved, wanted, and cared about.
My furniture is piled in a haphazard pile in the middle of my living room floor as I seek to find a simplicity that I have never before been interested in.  I want all aspects of my life, from my home, to my clothes, to my very existence to vibrate to the simplicity of life at the cellular level.
I want only to play host to a purified consciousness…rid of the needs of the mind driven by aversion and desire.  No longer locked in the useless seeking urgency of goals and outcomes, I wish only for peace, calmness, purification, contemplation, and singularity.
These are not things that I can make happen, I understand now that only humility will invite the deepest forms of Grace.  I await you Oh Lord, no longer searching, no longer beseeching, no longer willful.
The gratitude I feel for having lived long enough to see this day is beyond expression.
Christmas 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment